View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 05, 2007, 04:14pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Koach
just a couple of situations/questions that i would like your input on. thanks in advance.

- HS summer league game. A2 is attempting to pass the ball to A4 from right wing beyond 3pt line to right block posting up. B4 jumps in front of the play and deflects the pass in the air, off the backboard into the basket. How many points are awarded? They awarded us 3pts, but for some reason I had the feeling it should have only been 2, but I cant find any reference to this type of situation in the rulebook. Discussed with officials after the game (we lost by 7) and they weren't quite sure either and said they would get back to me.
If you have a clear pass deflected this is a 2 all the way.

Quote:
- AAU, 8th grade level. Early on in the game, there were several situations where subs entered the game with jerseys untucked and were warned by the officials, subs entered the game without being beckoned by the officials (i.e. 2 freethrows being shot), etc... several warnings were issued and at one point two players from each team were not allowed into the game as their jerseys were not tucked in. Down the stretch with about 2 minutes to go, A1 is waiting at the scorers table to sub into the game as a foul was called. One of the officials (R1) had checked the foul situation with the scorebook a few possessions before so even though the scoreboard indicated 10 team fouls, he knew it was only 9. As the players were lining up for the freethrow(s) with R2 on the baseline with the ball about to administer to the shooter A3 (lead?),
R1 is at the table telling the scoreboard folks to fix the team fouls and beckons for A1 to enter the game. R2 was focusing his attention on the players lining up, and sees A1 run into the game (no horn or whistle had sounded, and since he saw his partner at the table, probably did not see him get called into the game). R2 whistles A1 for a technical foul, R1 approaches R2 but R2 turns away saying something about "they have to learn somehow", A1 yells "this is BullS#!T!!!" and R2 whistles A1 for second T. R1 finally grabs R2 and tells him he beckoned A1 into the game, and that the scoreboard was incorrect with the team fouls. How would you guys handle this situation? What ended up happening is A3 shoots the one and one, only one Technical foul is called on A1 (im assuming for the cussing/disrespect/unsportsmanlike reaction) and team B shoots two freethrows, ball is awarded to team B at halfcourt.
I am so confused I have no idea what you are actually asking. You shoot the FTs in order and it appears that took place. Outside of that I am confused.

Quote:
- HS summer league game, my team is waiting to play the next game so we watch as this situation unfolds. Offense player A1 dribbles the ball across halfcourt, and as B1 pressures A1, he slaps A1's forearm, causing the ball to go into the backcourt. B1 does not touch the ball or hand, clearly fouling A1 on the forearm/elbow area. The ball is headed out of bounds in the backcourt, so A1 runs and tries to retrieve the ball and save it in bounds, but as he grabs the ball B1 nudges A1 out of bounds while holding the ball. Official rewards the to team A. B coach asks official why no out-of-bounds or backcourt was called, official responds "your best scorer fouled him twice, coach, want me to call the foul?". Coach: "if my guy fouled him, call the foul, he's gotta learn". Official: "its not my job to teach your team, coach your team, i'll officiate".
I have no idea. It sounds like there is more to the situation.

Peace