Thread: Assistance
View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 05, 2007, 01:29pm
Ch1town

Appreciate all the feedback! I love this forum!

On the going out & coming back in to retrieve the ball play, my partner said something about last to touch, first to touch?? Help me out, what did he really mean?

On the jump ball play, I knew that it was wrong because the jumpers didn't obtain the ball & the jump began when it left my hand & ended when A5 gently tapped it.

As for the correctable error, had the table let us know it was 7 in the first place it would've been no problem. I really thought on correctable errors that we would indeed go back to where we were when we learned of the mistake. I just think it gives the wrong impression for officials to disagree publicly on the court. So I let some things ride that I shouldn't have

JRut: Yeah, I did let my partner run things all night long.
He was the senior guy, a transfer from ATL who claimed to have had worked D2 & JUCO. My first time meeting him & all, his mechanics were so crisp & his reporting was very, very smooth so I didn't second guess much of anything he said... well except that jump ball situation & correctable error but I kept that to myself. Didn't want the older guy thinking I was some young arrogant punk. Last time a partner & I disagreed, we went to the books at halftime & that only angered him more & made for an extra-long evening.
For the record, last season was my first being patched & working varsity level games, so I got teamed up with true vets who guided me through, but yeah you're right, I need to KNOW those rules. When we get our new books in the mail, I'll be on it!!

JR: From the knowledge I soaked up last weekend I will have to disagree & unfortunately rephrase that "we as a crew went 3 for 3. All wrong."