View Single Post
Old Sun May 27, 2007, 09:55am

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRuthledge
You do not know basic stuff.
I notice this term gets thrown around quite often on this forum. When someone has a different opinion the first thing you want to say is you don’t know basics. I have referee for over 15 years and played the game twice as long as that. How many years does it take before you learn the basics? I remember a movie, don’t recall the name, but a senior African American, in his 70’s after being called a boy, had a great line. How old to I have to be before I am no longer a boy?
Quote:
I do not care what everyone thinks about you.
Then why do you keep mentioning it? It has nothing to do with your topic.
Quote:
You have no crediblity because everytime you make a post, it comes from a place where no one has heard anything you are saying before. It is like you make it up as you go along.
Thank you, that’s the whole point of engaging the forum and sharing. There’s no point in engaging the subject if you have nothing different to say. Challenging the topic often makes for good discussion provided people can put there personal differences aside long enough to debate the subject. I do not understand why so many of you take things so personal, shoot the messenger mentality.

Quote:
HELLOOOO!!!!!! MEN'S AND WOMEN'S BASKETBALL ARE NOT THE SAME DAMN THING. THE FACT THAT YOU COMPARED SHOWS HOW LITTLE YOU KNOW ABOUT OFFICIATING!!!
No, you just showed the world how small your brain is and how little you know about the sport in general. I was comparing how one coach made a public statement about the officiating and was able to get calls in his favor, thus helping his team win a championship. Right now, the only thing LeBron needs is a coach that has respect around the league. The pieces are there, they can win with this team. However, you’re not going to win any championship if the referee’s don’t respect you enough to call a foul. Remember the mad respect Miami got from the ref’s last year. You don’t think Dwayne Wade got a call or two down the stretch to help his team win that series.

Quote:
I think the officials working the game thought there was no foul and that is why they called nothing. Who cares if this took place in Detroit (another common myth). The officials get paid by the NBA not by Detroit. The NBA is not amateur ball when the school or host school cuts the check.
Another point that shows your ignorance. The officials do get paid by the NBA Office, but who do you think pays the NBA office? The teams you moron, and they pay quite handsomely.

Quote:
You come here all the time telling us what the officials should have done but you have not proven that you can even work a HS game. Now the guy who cannot work more than an intramural game wants to tell the NBA (which is a level you will never work)
You would be surprised……
Have a nice day.