View Single Post
Old Sat May 26, 2007, 04:08pm
Do not give a damn!!

[QUOTE=Old School]I am not here to win a popularity contest. Since you have no effect on what happens in my life, I really don’t care what you or the rest think. Just remember one thing, it’s not a one-way street. It’s more like a double edge sword, it’s cuts both ways. I going to speak for the moderators here. I’m sure they would rather you keep negative comments like this to yourself. It doesn’t help the forum, and it invites confrontation that makes them have to work harder. My credibility is not on trial here, but you and some of the others insist on making it a point of interest. One more thing, since you are so worried about what others think, how can you call a game fair?

You do not know basic stuff. I do not care what everyone thinks about you. You have no crediblity because everytime you make a post, it comes from a place where no one has heard anything you are saying before. It is like you make it up as you go along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
Huh, english please????
HELLOOOO!!!!!! MEN'S AND WOMEN'S BASKETBALL ARE NOT THE SAME DAMN THING. THE FACT THAT YOU COMPARED SHOWS HOW LITTLE YOU KNOW ABOUT OFFICIATING!!!1

Quote:
Okay, the meat of your argument. Why didn’t you just come here right away instead of all the blah, blah, blah above and below this. If you recall what I originally stated, I agreed with you. However, a problem you are going to have to answer for yourself is. Why is this not a foul in Detroit but when the series returns to Cleveland it will be? LeBron will get these calls in Cleveland, you can believe that. This begs the question, do we have homer referee’s in the NBA? You say this is not about consistency. We’ll see when the series returns to Cleveland because if it’s a no-call in Detroit then it better be a no-call in Cleveland, otherwise the NBA officials are having some consistency issues.
My point of making this post was more rhetorical than anything. I personally do not care what others think about the play one way or the other. I just find it funny that superstars are accused of always getting the fouls and one of the biggest did not get a call in one of the biggest games of the year. I think the officials working the game thought there was no foul and that is why they called nothing. Who cares if this took place in Detroit (another common myth). The officials get paid by the NBA not by Detroit. The NBA is not amateur ball when the school or host school cuts the check. Even working some college conferences you will get a check from the conference office.

Quote:
For me, I’m just a fan looking for a good game. Don’t have a dog in either fight. I would love to see a good series without the attention switching to the officiating. Kind of like the Magic/Bird series, the Pistons/Lakers series or even the Portland (Bill Walton)/ 76ers series. I want the players to decide the game. I want bb to be the topic and not the officiating or conspiracy thinking. You fail to make obvious calls, then here we go. To me, if it’s a foul in the regular season, then it should be a foul in the playoff’s. It should not matter if it’s a superstar or the 10th player on the bench. Just call the freaking game.
Once again just like a fan you have not once talked about this from the standpoint of an official. If it was a foul on Lebron, you have to do better than say, "he got hammered." If you go to camp and use that line, they will cross you off immediately. But you should know that right? Officials do not make calls because there is contact; they make calls based on if something illegal took place. And to do so is being a fan and in many people's eyes is considered unprofessional. You come here all the time telling us what the officials should have done but you have not proven that you can even work a HS game.

Quote:
Somebody needs to be suspended or fined for that push-off that Wallace got away with. Seeing that on replay and we should have had a whistle on that. Missing this is evidence that something is afoul in the association which I’m not going there. Maybe, the association needs to get Joey off the bench because we know he’s not afraid to call a foul on a superstar.
And this comment is the very reason you constantly get crap from others all over the place. Now the guy who cannot work more than an intramural game wants to tell the NBA (which is a level you will never work) how they discipline officials. Work a HS game before you get so big and bad about what the big timers should do or not do.

Peace