View Single Post
Old Sat May 26, 2007, 01:31pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Statements like this are the reason you have very little credibility on this site.
I am not here to win a popularity contest. Since you have no effect on what happens in my life, I really don’t care what you or the rest think. Just remember one thing, it’s not a one-way street. It’s more like a double edge sword, it’s cuts both ways. I going to speak for the moderators here. I’m sure they would rather you keep negative comments like this to yourself. It doesn’t help the forum, and it invites confrontation that makes them have to work harder. My credibility is not on trial here, but you and some of the others insist on making it a point of interest. One more thing, since you are so worried about what others think, how can you call a game fair?

Quote:
And Men's basketball is certainly not the same as Women's basketball and that would not make the NBA and WNBA are not the same.
Huh, english please????

Quote:
Once again you are not addressing the issue that I stated. This is not about consistency at all. The point is that a superstar did not "get a call." I thought the NBA always set it up so that the "superstars" would get the benefit of the doubt. When I listen to the pundits on the radio and on TV and then even that philosophy changes with the wind. Then I hear that Lebron has not earned it and if he was Magic, Bird or Jordan he would have gotten the call. The bottom line is all that is a bunch of crap.
Okay, the meat of your argument. Why didn’t you just come here right away instead of all the blah, blah, blah above and below this. If you recall what I originally stated, I agreed with you. However, a problem you are going to have to answer for yourself is. Why is this not a foul in Detroit but when the series returns to Cleveland it will be? LeBron will get these calls in Cleveland, you can believe that. This begs the question, do we have homer referee’s in the NBA? You say this is not about consistency. We’ll see when the series returns to Cleveland because if it’s a no-call in Detroit then it better be a no-call in Cleveland, otherwise the NBA officials are having some consistency issues.

For me, I’m just a fan looking for a good game. Don’t have a dog in either fight. I would love to see a good series without the attention switching to the officiating. Kind of like the Magic/Bird series, the Pistons/Lakers series or even the Portland (Bill Walton)/ 76ers series. I want the players to decide the game. I want bb to be the topic and not the officiating or conspiracy thinking. You fail to make obvious calls, then here we go. To me, if it’s a foul in the regular season, then it should be a foul in the playoff’s. It should not matter if it’s a superstar or the 10th player on the bench. Just call the freaking game.

Somebody needs to be suspended or fined for that push-off that Wallace got away with. Seeing that on replay and we should have had a whistle on that. Missing this is evidence that something is afoul in the association which I’m not going there. Maybe, the association needs to get Joey off the bench because we know he’s not afraid to call a foul on a superstar.