View Single Post
Old Fri May 25, 2007, 04:38pm
Do not give a damn!!

I am doing this at my own peril, but he goes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
Referee's can make a mistake no matter what the level or organization. The WNBA might even be a better comparison because they try to use the same rulesets. Coaching is coaching, a foul is a foul, no matter WNBA or NBA.
Statements like this are the reason you have very little credibility on this site. JV is not the same as Varsity. Junior college is not the same as Division 3. And Men's basketball is certainly not the same as Women's basketball and that would not make the NBA and WNBA are not the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
I saw the same thing last year in the WNBA with the calls only going one way. It appears to me from afar that the Pistons is getting all the calls in this series and from someone who could care less who wins the series. It's so obvious. It was the same way when I watched the WNBA. I could care less who wins but I look for consistentcy on both ends of the court. That just doesn't happen that often in the WNBA but in the NBA, it realy stands out when you don't make obvious calls. I'll tell you something else, when the calls are consistent at both ends, and the teams are fairly even like in this series, it makes for a much better game to watch, imo. You take the ref's out the picture, the players will decide, and you don't know who's going to win. Makes for an exciting game to watch. Then all of a sudden, you get an obvious foul that's not called, here we go again with this star status system, new kid don't get calls he should get. Time to find something else to watch.
Once again you are not addressing the issue that I stated. This is not about consistency at all. The point is that a superstar did not "get a call." I thought the NBA always set it up so that the "superstars" would get the benefit of the doubt. When I listen to the pundits on the radio and on TV and then even that philosophy changes with the wind. Then I hear that Lebron has not earned it and if he was Magic, Bird or Jordan he would have gotten the call. The bottom line is all that is a bunch of crap. Since you mentioned the WNBA, many of the officials working that league are trying to get to the NBA. They are not likely to let their emotions get in the way of getting to the next level because a coach is an a-hole. That might be career suicide. Secondly anyone that officiates pro sports in this era is subject to more scrutiny and will be released if they screw up. Even one of the all-time best officials might not have a job now because he had a confrontation with a "superstar."

Why is everything based on a conspiracy? Why is this play with Lebron not just a block? I have not heard anyone say why it is a foul other than "it has to be a foul." Hamilton touched the ball on Lebron that was taking a very soft shot attempt to the basket. Was there contact? Of course there was, basketball is a contact sport. We do not just call fouls just based on contact, there has to be illegal contact involved. You have to have a better point of view then, "Well I think this took place because......." Two myths have been shattered this post season and the people that perpetuate them all the time come up with another theory to explain them. How about, the officials did not think it was a foul. And the officials called what they saw and there was no foul. I know I do not make decision based on all these dumb factors like who is at home, who has the star players or who is ranked higher. I am even hearing the pundants say, "Well in Jordan's 8th year he gets that call." It is clear to me that none of these people actually talk to officials that works in the NBA or that once worked in the NBA. If they actually had a conversation with officials, they might just learn we could give a damn. You really think someone is going to jeopardize their entire officiating career to give people who make millions the benefit of the doubt?

Peace