View Single Post
Old Fri May 25, 2007, 12:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamMatt
...I did see a BU drinking beer in the parking lot after a game with the home team's coaches once, though. Not good for the image!
WARNING: Thread Hijack Alert!

I can go this one better. Some of our local guys traveled to a tournament in a neighboring state. Our guy had the dish for a scheduled game, partnered with one of the host association umpires. Shortly before game time, BU is nowhere to be found, they are at an oulying field where no other umpires are around, this is the first game after a several hour rain delay.

PU decides to do the equipment inspection and start the pregame conference. As he finishes the inspection, he notices a car pull into the parking lot and a guy dressed in an umpire uniform jump out. The guy grabs a cooler out of his backseat and heads for the field. He is drinking something as he walks toward the field. As he approaches his PU partner, it is apparent that he is drinking from a can of beer! He finishes off the beer and sticks his hand out saying "Hi, my name is _______" like nothing is wrong!