View Single Post
Old Fri May 18, 2007, 09:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraz423
Hello all...I have a question that I need some input on. If someone would also please cite any references that would also be helpful for me to look at.

Let me preface this by saying that this was a weird play and I've asked several different people (Umpires) and have gotten several differnt answers. The reason I am bringing this to this forum is because not only do most of you give feedback, you also cite rules that can be applied. Here comes the scenario...

Bases are juiced with no one out. There is a line drive that is hit to SS which she catches for out #1, she tosses the ball to the 2nd base(girl) for the out #2 as the runner was trying to retreat back to 2nd base. The ball is then tossed to the 1st base(girl) who then puts a tag on the runner attempting to get back to the base, this is out #3. Before the tag is placed on the runner attempting to get back to 1st base, the runner on third base crosses the plate and scores.

Does that run count?? I thank you for the anticipated responses.
Since you didn't state which ruleset you are using, I will assume ASA. Yes, the run does count. See rule 5:5:B.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.

Last edited by Skahtboi; Fri May 18, 2007 at 09:09am.