Thread: My 1ST Ejection
View Single Post
Old Wed May 16, 2007, 02:16pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
Have you been to a major league game? You should hear what is said there, both on and off the field. There is more swearing going on there than any amateur game. I see babies, toddlers, grade school kids, and teenagers at these games. They are exposed to much worse than a "damn" or "hell."

I'm not condoning profanity. I personally don't care to hear it, especially if they slide God or Jesus into the mix, or scream nasty obscenities. I shut that stuff down immediately. My ears aren't garbage cans. But if you are afraid of what 3-4 year old children are picking up at the ballyard, don't bring them along. It isn't a church social, it's a baseball game, complete with players and coaches who spit, scratch, chew, and cuss, as has been the tradition since Alexander first laid out the ballfield.
Why does the words God or Jesus make it different? Plenty of people feel as that God is just a grownups imaginary friend. Are you going to force your religious views on all participants? Then you say it isn't a church social where spitting, scratching, chewing and cussing in the standard operating procedure. You have your standards? Yeah, double standards.