Thread: My 1ST Ejection
View Single Post
Old Wed May 16, 2007, 01:46pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuy
You may think it's a bad analogy. My point was this. At baseball games, if you allow some of these words to be spoken, there may be 3 or 4 year old kids present who can hear what is being said, despite some parents' best ability to not let their kids hear it. They don't have to worry about words like that on Barney, etc. When given a choice parents will have their 3-4 year old children watch programming that has NO profanity. Believe it or not there are still people who object to hearing any profanities.
Have you been to a major league game? You should hear what is said there, both on and off the field. There is more swearing going on there than any amateur game. I see babies, toddlers, grade school kids, and teenagers at these games. They are exposed to much worse than a "damn" or "hell."

I'm not condoning profanity. I personally don't care to hear it, especially if they slide God or Jesus into the mix, or scream nasty obscenities. I shut that stuff down immediately. My ears aren't garbage cans. But if you are afraid of what 3-4 year old children are picking up at the ballyard, don't bring them along. It isn't a church social, it's a baseball game, complete with players and coaches who spit, scratch, chew, and cuss, as has been the tradition since Alexander first laid out the ballfield.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25