Thread: My 1ST Ejection
View Single Post
Old Wed May 16, 2007, 01:28pm
BigGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
That is why I wouldn't toss him. Had the comment been directed at an opponent, official, or other adult not affiliated with his team, I might have a different opinion, depending on exactly what was said. Maybe the catcher and he have that kind of relationship, and talk that way with each other all the time.

You are obviously unwilling to enforce a zero-tolerance policy. I didn't make the policy - but I am being paid for enforcing it. I never said I like it.

Please don't tell me you never used "hell" and "damn" when you were a teenager. I will get that BS meter back out of the closet.

To be honest, I didn't start using any profanity until I went to college. The times that I did before then were very few and very far between.

One of the worst analogies I've ever seen. Highly illogical. Are these players 3 and 4 year olds? No, they are 13 and 14 year olds, and are much more likely to watch South Park, The Simpsons, and other more mature fare, than they are to watch a baby show such as Barney.
You may think it's a bad analogy. My point was this. At baseball games, if you allow some of these words to be spoken, there may be 3 or 4 year old kids present who can hear what is being said, despite some parents' best ability to not let their kids hear it. They don't have to worry about words like that on Barney, etc. When given a choice parents will have their 3-4 year old children watch programming that has NO profanity. Believe it or not there are still people who object to hearing any profanities.

The league sets their own standards of conduct. I happen to also be on the league's board of directors and a coach at the 15-17 level.