View Single Post
Old Tue May 15, 2007, 02:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukealex
Not quite, on a throw in, the player receiving the pass while airborn can jump from the FC and land in the BC and vice versa without a violation because there is no team control on a throw in (FED and I think NCAA-M but not NCAA-W, but I could be wrong with the NCAA rules).

When there is team control, a player cannot jump from the BC, catch the pass, then land in the FC, assuming FC status has been attained.
Rule 9-9-3. The exception only applies if the player has jumped from front court and obtains control of the ball while in the air. This player is allowed a normal landing. It does not matter how the feet land on the court. (Federation)
I do not know the NCAA 'Throw-in exception' rule, but it is very similar to Federation. There is Team Control during a throw-in for college. It only is relavent if there is a foul during the throw-in.
One more thing to remember during a throw-in. If A1 jumps from the BC and secures control of the ball in the air, then you need to be aware how their feet touch the court. It would be a BC violation if the 1st foot touches the FC followed by the 2nd foot touching the BC.