View Single Post
Old Sun May 13, 2007, 06:14am

And they won the game!

Got a problem here. Although this incident is very bad and I really think the worse of what must have transpired at that confrontation after the game. However, from an officials prospective, this game is not over. If a coach runs at me after the game like that, and I'm assuming this was a one point game. Unsportsmanlike Technical foul on the coach, and then he gives me the finger, there's another one.

Guess what? You make that call and that will get the attention of the A/D and principle more so then the latter, and that's really unfortunate. But we have become the old Romain Empire where sports is more important than being an adult, and it is supported by the people in control. Win at all cost.

Now here is the part I don't like about our job and I have had this happen in other parts of my business life. Because the official did not access a technical at that point in time. He errored. It's that simple. Now the coach does something wrong after the fact. Two wrongs. Both guys made mistakes, we'll call it even. That's what it sounds like to me.

Personally, I think 2 people who are in the position of authority here, should not be in this position. The prinicple and the A/D. They are not qualified to have that job, but we have seen this before. The football brawl and the Dean at Florida State or was it Florida, don't recall. Last, if the coach is this out of control with authority figures, I kringe to think what he might do with one of those kids he coaches. Unbelievable story! BTW, the coach has contacted a lawyer, and is under the advise of the attorney. That muks it all up and maybe why this story has taken the turn that it has.

Where does it end?????