View Single Post
Old Thu May 10, 2007, 11:37am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalreff
"The rules governing the shot clock for high school basketball are the same as those used in NCAA Men and Womens games with one exception: a kicked ball results in a full reset of the shot clock."

Various reasons led to the use of the shot clock. Speed of play, as well as, preparation for the next level are a couple. Also, it helps officials tremendously in clock awareness and game management going into the college ranks. At most college camps around the country, there is no shot clock. It's definitely one of the things that's hard to tell at camp for assignors whether an official is a good clock manager. For us, it's ingrained in us from freshmen level all the way up.
I was not responding to you. I was asking this question of the person whose quote was also in the post. Once again, I trust the person that lives in the particular state to know more than someone that does not. Personally I have very little opinion about the shot clock at the HS level. If they ever go to it where I live, I would be OK with it. If they never changed the rule, I would be OK with that too.

Peace