View Single Post
Old Thu May 10, 2007, 11:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
You are mistaken. You many think that you use the NCAA rules for the shot clock in CA HS games, but in truth your official policy is to employ the rules modifications published in the CBOA manual which were written by Bill White.
I am not mistaken. Next time you can use my whole quote..... we do use the NCAA rules regarding the shot clock except for the kicked ball which only became different when the NCAA changed the rule a couple years ago. And there was talk even at that time that the kicked ball rule would change for the high school level as well. As late as a month before the season it was to be implemented until we received a directive from Dr. White that CIF would keep the kick rule as it was. Dr. White told me he took the rules straight from the NCAA. If you can find anything in the CBOA manual that shows it being any different from NCAA, let me know. Directly off page 22 in the handbook --
"The rules governing the shot clock for high school basketball are the same as those used in NCAA Men and Womens games with one exception: a kicked ball results in a full reset of the shot clock."