View Single Post
Old Tue May 08, 2007, 10:28am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
We are humans first and I believe it was Ronald Reagan who said that if an American is in danger or need, then it is our duty to help and not turn out backs. It sounds as though you would turn your back on someone in need, simply because you have a referee uniform on. Well, this is where we separate the good from the great.

I know you are short-sided when it comes to these type of issue, especially when it comes to the rulebook. But what about tomorrow? This abused kid is going to become an adult, and one day may become a coach. What type of coach do you think he will be, or better, would you want this type of man coaching your grandson or granddaughter?
No, I don't want this person coaching my kids or grandkids, and as a parent, I get the choice. But other parents have choices, too, and if they want that person coaching, I have no grounds to interfere. I don't like it, and i"ll work against it in whatever avenue I can, but I sure can't just arbitrarily decide that my stripes make me the final word on what's going to happen or not happen on the basketball floor.