View Single Post
Old Wed May 02, 2007, 09:36am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
Forgot to mention this, but did anybody see that Pujols walked on three pitches in the top of the 6th of Monday night's game against the Brewers? Ball three and he trots down to first and nobody said anything. Didn't matter, as the next guy grounded into a double play to end the inning. But I wonder what kind of grief the umpire crew got for that.
I asked that question over on the beisbol forum yesterday in a kind of tangential thread that is running over there. The crew missed the 3-ball walk, but apparently nothing can be done about it after the next pitch.

The thread over there is about the protest from the Cleveland/Milwaukee game on Monday night. There should have been a run scored on a timing play, but the home plate umpire screwed up the call. Apparently, the crew chief sent one of his crew members in later to actually check the rule book, confirmed that they screwed it up, and then put the run on the board three innings later. The debate is whether they can do that or not. I'll go find a link to that thread and come back and put it on here.

Unusual occurence in April 28th Baltimore-Cleveland game

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Wed May 02, 2007 at 09:39am.