Thread: flex bats
View Single Post
Old Tue May 01, 2007, 09:27am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverdale
jv working alone...3rd out and coach comes to me and says the flex player just batted...I thought that the flex could bat for the dp but then you would lose the flex
No. The FLEX can bat for the DP, but it is the DP who has been substituted for, not the FLEX. The FLEX is still in the game, still, as far as your post indicates, doing her job, which would be playing on defense. So...she is still in the game.

Quote:
..so this is how i handled it...we let the books show that the lead off was out and started the next inning with the 2 batter on lead off...right or wrong it got the batting order straighened out...was this not only batting out of order but also an illegal subsitution
Not sure how you are coming up with this being an illegal substitution. Your post doesn't indicate anything of that nature.

Quote:
.....should I have sent the batter and coach to the dugout...what else am i missing on this play...how should it have been handled...now for a twist...if they would have caught this before the out what else would have changed?
Speaking NFHS, IF this was an illegal sub, then you would restrict the player to the dugout. Depending on what else happened, you could have also possibly gotten an out. If you were to clarify your post with details, then perhaps one of us could provide you with more info.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.