Thread: Warm-up Pitches
View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 30, 2007, 04:52pm
Official Forum Member

Darrell,
Apology not necessary, but accepted. No harm - no foul...

Our association is persnickety about this subject. We have been strictly adhering to this rule both ASA and High School. However, the Game Face thing is mine, and mine only.

I also want to be clear about how I do this. When I say that I automatically deduct a pitch, it is purely mental in my head (thanks Yogi). I do not tell pitchers that I am docking pitches. And A B S O L U T E L Y !!! If she can deliver her pitches and then get her equipment on in one minute, she gets five pitches.

I have waited almost a full year before I shared this concept with anyone, in order not to shoot my mouth too soon. Based on my experience, I haven't had a pitcher that could get to five and do the head gear in the prescribed time frame.

Yes, it is pre-concieved in my head when I see the equipment laying on the ground. And the steak dinner offer is still on the table. Any takers? I like eating steak, especially on other people's money.

P.S. To the poster who felt that I just wanted to get home earlier, I am getting home at the same time as you. The wide majority of my games are timed. So the question becomes: How many innings do YOU get in? 3 1/2, 4, OK 5? My preference is 6 or 7. And the teams like it too.