Thread: Warm-up Pitches
View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 30, 2007, 01:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrowder
I think you're mixing two rules.

She gets 60 seconds or 5 pitches. Give them to her. Don't anticipate future shenanigans and deduct pitches based on your guess as to how long a future high five will take or how long it will take her to get gear on.

AFTER the 60 seconds or 5 pitches, and after you brush the plate (and no need to rush the brushing of the plate just so you can GET the pitcher), when you tell her to pitch, she has 20 seconds. If she can't get equipment on or celebrate a peprally with her team during that 25-30 seconds, then you simply call a ball.

I've found that calling a ball is FAR more effective in dealing with nonsensical time-wasting after a pitcher's warmups than trying to cut pitches out of her warmups.

And TC - I think a lot of the confusion in this thread stemmed from "GameFace" not being as known as you thought it was. I bet all but 2 of the posts above had no idea what you were talking about, and were just thinking "game face" (uncapitalized) - not getting that you were talking about equipment.

Yes, there was a lot of confusion generated by the loose use of the generic term "Game Face". There are now several other brands. It is like "kleenex" versus "tissue".