View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 30, 2007, 08:26am
Official Forum Member

Must have missed something

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejt
It's not about what the call should have been, but rather how it got there. Was proper procedure followed? No way. This is a process failure, and the protest is all about the process.

Umpire mistakes are part of the very fabric of the game. Sometimes we goof, boys. And when we do, the managers have certain responsibilities. And when they fail it's TFB for everyone.

MLB is going to sugar coat this, I have no doubt. The "get the call right" brush will sweep it all under the rug. But the implications, just like the reversed foul call last year, will build up until the robots from Spacely Sprockets are calling the games. I just hope +POS won't be the official supplier for spare parts.

Well I've looked in all of my books and can't seem to find a proper process for this play.

So there must be some information that I'm not aware of - if you could please let me know where to look or what the process is, that would be helpful.

Maybe its just the baseketball ref in me whereas you can always go back and fix the score until the game is over as long as you have evidence etc., It was the third out of the inning anyway so it didn't affect the outcome of the inning or the game for that matter.

Not that I'd ever have this play happen, but just in case ,

Thanks
David

Last edited by David B; Mon Apr 30, 2007 at 08:28am.