View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 30, 2007, 06:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Ump
If #8 is the "catcer's courtesy runner" then she should not have been allowed to be the CR for the pitcher. She could have been put in as a substitute (pinch runner) for the Pitcher, as long as she had not already been used as a CR in the inning we're discussing.

#8 was the CATCHER's CR she did not run for the pitcher. Some other player ran for the pitcher. this had nothing to do with who ran for the pitcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Ump
Once she was the substitute for the pitcher, a second substitute could have taken her place while she warmed up, but if that happened, #8 would have been considered to have entered the game and left one time.
Ok, this sort of answers my question. Is it ok to pinch run for a courtesy runner? Maybe I just should have never mentioned that the pitcher ever batted. I think that is where folks got confused. Forget that the pitcher ever batted, that is not relevant. All I need to know is if it is ok to pinch run for a courtesy runner. Since the book forbids a courtesy runner for a courtesy runner and never mentions a legal sub for a courtesy runner, we were not sure we got it right.

Joe in Michigan