View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 27, 2007, 06:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad
Ok, then without being overly confrontational and stating that you are wrong, I will disagree with your disagreement...suspensions are public acts undertaken by schools, leagues, etc...that particular kid lost his cool in the locker room at halftime and cussed out his coach - he will probably be officially suspended the next day, but the coach also decides he's done for the night...when someone fouls out and I go to coach and say "We need a sub" and coach says "Don't have one" and I say "What about #12 sitting there" and coach says "He's unavailable" - that's all I need or want to know...I don't get to satand there and say "Yes he is available. He's sitting right there"...that's not the way it works - it's the coach's decision whether he has a kid available...as someone else asked earlier, if that game goes into OT and coach wants to put #12 in - he ain't coming in because he's unavailable...
Don't those two statements contradict each other?

According to you player availability is the coach's decision, not yours, so how can you prevent him from playing when the coach says that he is available?

Sorry, partner, but you can't have it both ways.