View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 27, 2007, 04:41pm
BigGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrowder
You may be being consistent with yourself. I think he's asking you to use words in the same way that other people mean them, and not looking for ways that their words could be twisted. Stay consistent WITH EVERYONE ELSE in your language, and we'll all be better off.
I was being consistent. He asked about my "twisted logic" I used an analogy using the words walk and bunt. I explained about no balk to first - tell me what is so inconsistent about explaining my logic. My whole premise on this was that Tim C made a statement, that he assumed that everyone reading the posts would interpret what he said in the same manner. If everybody did there would be no discussion forum, because we would all know and interpret the rules the same.

I've been criticized because I've made statements that not everybody saw the same thing as I did, or I oversimplified. Tim C did the same thing and I pointed it out, and I'm the one getting criticized. I would be happy to be consistent with everyone else. However, everyone else isn't always consistent! For example, new umpires, coaches, managers, umpires at different levels.