View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 26, 2007, 10:34pm
Stop staring at me swan.

Arrow 2 man - R1, PU covers 3B

Hi Guys,

Had this happened to me tonight...never happend before, until tonight. 2 man game, R1. Batter doubles to deep left center, I (PU) properly communicate to my partner that "I've got 3rd if he comes," I was there, in proper position to make a call. Ball is not thrown to 3B, coach sends him! Now I have a play at the plate...I was able to get to 1BLX, but I would've loved to be 3BLX, for a better view of the play. I hustled, I am in pretty good shape, I made my call which I feel I got correct, but I really feel like 3BLX, would've been the ideal place to be for this type of play. My gut tells me that I probably didn't need to go as far up the 3B line for a play at 3B...when there wasn't going to be a play there (I didn't know that until it was too late)...but what if there was a play??? see what I mean? It's like damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Alright guys...help me out here...what can I do differently, if anything...or is this just a flaw of the 2 man system? Thanks guys...your constructive feedback is appreciated.