Thread: Bounced 3rd K
View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 19, 2007, 09:11pm
Official Forum Member

While the actual play was happening, and after he had given his two runners their directive, and they were off and running, the offensive coach asked the PU if he "had the play". The PU said that he did, and stood and watched carefully from the plate as the BR2 circled the bases. He was on the ball, and I don't think many blues around here would have got it right. Complicating thinkg further on the play, the BR2 had taken off her helmet while walking back after the D3K,then put it back on again to run. The offensive coach asked the PU why he did not call her out for that. But the PU said that he did not want to do that. Should he have called her out for that?

I've talked to other blues who've said that they will call the BR out as soon as she turns and heads for the team area. But I do not think that is correct, since no play is being made on her, she is free to take any path she wants to 1B. Even if it starts toward her dugout. (if she enters the team area, I know that she is out) Do any of you rule BR's out for this, that is, starting to go towards dugout, and is that correct? (when no play is being made on BR)