View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 01:25am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TRef21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref

Why would you say "hands off" to the player? Why would you call a foul for handchecking when the actions are NOT illegal? With all due respect the fact is that this action does not violate 4-24-5 or 4-24-6. You might want to rethink this one.

I also looked at the POE from 2003-04 and this action doesn't meet those either.
Hey Nevada what would you say if the coach was right next to you. That happened to me in a game this weekend. I said coach, they are beating the contact and it's not causing a hindrance in the opponents movement. Correct if Im wrong in order for a foul to occur there has to be 3 things: Contact, the contact has to be illegal, the contact has to cause a hindrance in the opponents movement. I told the coach once the contact cause a hindrance in the movement I have a foul he looked at me and thought i was speaking a foreign language. He was like can my players do it. I was said as long as it doesn't cause a hindrance in the opponents movement. He looked at me and my partner said, as long there is no advantage gained. The coach later told his player that, its ok guys the refs are used tp calling the game a different way and we will probably never see it again. Is it me putting a college philosophy into the game or what? If they are playing through it I have nothing. Do you have any pointers or somethings I can say to a coach.

Tommy