View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 12, 2007, 03:37pm
Official Forum Member

From an ASA background here...

If it's a quick huddle that sets the no time limit game back 10-15 seconds, let them do it. But if they waste a bunch of time (or if the game has time limits), then go to the coach and explain to him that they've got one (and only one) minute between innings after that third out is caught before you signal them to play. If they continue to huddle up and delay the game, tell him you'll charge them a defensive conference and hold the coach responsible if they run out of conferences and he does nothing to speed things up. If it really gets out of hand, remind the coach that if a team employs tactics to deliberately delay the game, it can result in much stronger penalties (a 7-0 loss).

I'm taking it to an extreme here, but in my opinion, you would be backed by the ASA rule book if you were truly forced to do so. Since I personally have never witnessed these huddles, this is *pure* speculation. Don't flame me for it.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.