View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 10, 2007, 11:11am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribefan1952
Hmm... You are absolutely right, with one small exception. When he joined the association, he knew their policy. If he didn't want to work under those conditions, he should not have joined that association. I'm not saying the policy is good or bad... personally I don't like it. But he knew that in this particular association, there's a reasonable likelihood that he would be asked to move to a JV game. The question isn't, "Did he have the right to say no?" Of course he did. This is America! The question was whether it was ethical to say no. The answer to that question is debatable.

Moving the game time or changing the pay rate are completely different scenarios.
I am glad you know what he knew or not. I for one do not want to debate what he knew. I am simply saying that your reference to the code of ethics is misplaced and has little to do with this particular situation. These references had nothing to do with the willingness to work one level from another level. Also the code of ethics has little or nothing to do with a specific association policy.

Peace