View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 10, 2007, 12:06am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TRef21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
Junker, what's your goal in attending camp? Are you hoping to get hired in a D1 conference? Are you looking to improve your HS state playoff assignments? Trying to impress a particular assignor?

Regardless of how you answer those questions, I would encourage you to get into a camp or two this summer. But find the right camp for your goal(s). If you hope to break D1, then you probably need to hit those try-out camps hard and soon. I felt like my time was running out as I hit 40 years old. Once you get a foot in the door, then who knows where it'll lead; but don't put it off if that's where you want to go.

If your goals are more modest, then it's probably not as urgent to get into a "be seen" camp this year. And you might reasonably decide not to go to a more "expensive" or "big time" camp at all. But I would still try to find a camp where I could get in front of the D3 assignor, for example.

You're not going to embarrass yourself either way. So nail down what you hope to achieve at camp, find a couple that fit your goal and go knock 'em dead.

Good luck and let us know what you decide and how it goes.
Junker. Chuck hit some good points. I would use his advice in making your camp decisions. Where do you live Junker and what camps are in your area?