View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 04, 2007, 06:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REFVA
All, All I can say to you is thank you for your encouraging words and comment. I should be honored for the one post season game. I have truly worked hard in many ways. Not only on the rules of the games, but my mental and physical aspect of the game. I am going to be 50 in just a couple short months, from a selfish way I wanted to execel quicker and enjoy the officiating while I can still do it.

Tomegun, last year you and I spoke about this where I felt I was too old to want and do this. You proved me wrong, due to encouragement from officials like yourself and others on this web. I guess I really wanted this becuase I was able to taste it. I hope and pray that I will be able to do this again next year. Thanks to you all.
A little more.... I was all worked up the year I thought I had "earned" a playoff spot and didn't get it. That lasted a few weeks and then I made a commitment to myself to make sure from that point on, nothing I did or said on the court would prevent me from moving up. I went to 5 camps that summer and got soooooo much better. I also got hired to work college b4 I ever got moved up in high school. For me, knowing that someone else thought highly of my skills was an encouragement to keep getting better.