Thread: AAU time again
View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 07:15am
Official Forum Member

just finished AAU weekend number two.

13U finals boys
team A coach already has one T from my partner and I have talked to him about his antics since then and warned him he will get the second T if he continues intimating that we are calling a one sided game.
4 min to play fourth quarter. -
team A bigman goes to block a shot and bangs bodies with the shooter, He has been warned twice about him antics after calls, he immeadiatly rips his shirt out of his pants and stomps around. Whack-
We are shooting the Technical portion of the Free throws and from Team a Bench in between the attempts the entire gym could hear it, "I hope you can sleep at night after cheating these kids out of their game."
Whack and gone!
he naturally puts on a show on the way out and get applause from his fans.
one team was down 15 at this point (guess who).

AAU basketball brings out the worst in everyone.
earlier in the weekend I end up Whacking a Third grader -
He had something to say after every call - in the third quarter he tries to dribble through two defenders and looses the ball out of bounds - he turns to me and yells "you have to make a call ..D%&n it". I did!

Over all it isn't that bad I had 6 other games that were great not a problem in any - other than the Stupid Monkeys in the stands - but they are every where you just tend to notice them more here because you are usually in smaller venues.
don't pay attention to them and it isn't a problem.
penalize the insanity where you can and play ball..