Thread: AAU time again
View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 02:59am
Do not give a damn!!

Usually parents pay for their kids to play or they are sponsored by a company to go across the country to play basketball during the off season. AAU does not have the standards that a school will hold and someone who is not in the education system or has any training with kids or coaching can coach an AAU team.

I live in an area where we have a lot of HS leagues that are played. I can work games all summer and not work a single AAU game or tournament. HS leagues are much better to work in my opinion because the players are subjected to the standards of the school and the coach they will see during the school year. The teams are running the same offenses they will see during the season and they are trying to make a spot on the team as compared to trying to prove they are the better player when playing AAU games.

I cannot imagine going all summer long and not working a bunch of basketball. I would rather do that and know I will get paid than waste most of the summer on working baseball and the weather will completely change my daily plans.

Peace