View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 31, 2007, 08:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
It could have gone either way because it was so close. It is one thing to look at something on slow motion replay. It is quite another to call the game in full speed.
I never saw it in slow motion. I only saw it at full speed. I will be going home later to review it but this was a PC in my opinion.

I agree that it is alot harder to make that call live in a game of this magnitude. I am also not saying that I could do a better job then Valentine in this game. I am however able to point out a call that was nailed or missed. In this case I feel that he missed it. This is how we get better by watching games and determining what should be called and what shouldn't be called by rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
How many players were around the ball is not the issue. There was an advantage by holding the player he was standing next to. It does not matter how many other players are around. If that player had an opportunity to get the ball and he is held, that is an advantage. Maybe if the ball went in the opposite direction I might agree with you, but not when these two players could get the ball. If you do not want to get called for something, do not hold them
I respect your opinion but I disagree.