View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 29, 2007, 04:23am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by justacoach
One obvious question for you, JR. Are you aware of the distinction between public and private schools? Would you make the same inferences about Dematha High, a private, parochial school with an impeccable academic standing, who is decidedly not eligible to compete for MD State championships, even if they stopped accepting players from the neighboring 3 states?. Would the 'National Championships' they were awarded during Morgan Wooten's tenure there be suspect as well?
I do agree in principle that national rankings for HS teams is a ludicrous undertaking.
Would you care to re-read my original post? I was asking questions, not making inferences. I was looking for the thoughts of others, not making a statement putting down the program. I posted an article that did make inferences. I was wondering how much truth there was in his inferences.

My own personal thoughts are that this is a recruited all-star team and certainly not a normal high school program. Whether that is good or bad is up for debate.

Btw, coach, did you happen to read the recent series run by the NY Times on the many high school diploma mills/basketball factories? The ones that the NCAA are currently cracking down on? What are your thoughts on those programs?

A wise man once said "Don't hackle the messenger".

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Thu Mar 29, 2007 at 05:11am.