View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 07, 2000, 08:09am
Official Forum Member

...owner of team proceeds to tell me how awful I am as he is counting our money out.

In future as Papa C told me, please space your thoughts as it is much easier to read and comprehend what the author is trying to say.

First - Is this customary to pay the umpires at the end of game? Normally, at least in summer ball - we are paid prior to the start of the game - so we do not have to wait around at the end of a game and take add'l flak.

Another recommendation would be as follows:
I hate to assume anything but from your thread it sounds as if this team was upset about the zone prior to the last inning.

Perhaps in the earlier innings, you could have called time and went over and had a private conversation with the coach.

In that private meeting, explain hey coach you and your players had their say, lets play ball otherwise players might have an early exit.

By talking to the coach in private - you gave him the opportunity to correct the heckling and also informed him - you had enough and ejections would follow.

Sometimes, this gets the coaches attention and can have a positive effect.

Summer Ball is tough though as the codes of conduct are not as strict as in the regular season.

Pete Booth