View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 27, 2007, 04:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Al
Hey Scott,

Yes, I got the Cd on Saturday. (mail is pretty slow here in Tenn.) I like the Cd because it allows one to see what the proper machanics should be for both the field umpire and the plate umpire when the batter hits an infield ground ball, a hit, a flyball to left/right/center, a drive to right field, a bunt, in various runners on base. One can simply click from a drop down command to make the batter do what he/she wants and also set up the bases as he/she wants them... such as a man on first, second, third, or any combination thereof including bases loaded. After the ball is hit it will move the umpires to their best positions for success in the unfolding play. Another nice feature is one can click on an umpire and it gives some more instruction (written) which can add to one's skill in working with his/her partner depending how a play unfolds.

The three man machanics is over my head, but I'll probably never work with more than one partner. For me this Cd has already taught me a couple of things and I'll learn more as I use it. But to many on the board I think it may not offer anything that has not already been mastered.

...Al