View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 26, 2007, 04:54pm
Official Forum Member

Green Stepped on Fosters Foot

someone email this to cbs.

Its over and dont know if its been mentioned already, but to preserve the greatness of Jeff's play, I think its worth mentioning. After going frame by frame reviewing the CBS 5x magnification of their feet, I noticed the following:

1. Jeff was pivoting to his right on the balls of his right foot, which is perfectly fine.

2. As he was doing so, Shan Foster slipped the front part of his left sneaker under Jeff's right heel which was uplifted.

3. When Jeff went to pivot back to the left (to make his ultimate shot), he shifted the weight on his right foot back onto his heel. But he stepped on Fosters sneaker, and this caused:
(i) Green had to move his right foot slightly forward as a result of stepping on Fosters foot and Foster yanking his foot away.
(ii) Foster to yanked up his left foot (a natural reaction everyone instinctually does when someone steps on your foot). If you look at the replay, if you didnt notice Jeff had just stepped on his foot, you would wonder why Foster would pick up his left foot so high off the floor and TO HIS RIGHT as Green was moving LEFT. The natural defensive reaction would have been for Foster to shuffle his left foot to the left along with Green. STEPPING ON FOSTERS FOOT IS WHAT GAVE JEFF THE OPENING BETWEEN FOSTER AND NELTNER. FOSTER WAS TOO LATE IN CLOSING THE GAP BECAUSE HE WAS MOVING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION AFTER GREEN STEPPED ON HIS FOOT.

So Green did not travel as it was Foster who put his foot under Jeffs and Fosters removal of it caused Jeff's to move forward. And Fosters instinctual reaction when his foot gets stepped on caused him to lose defensive position, and ultimately, the game.