View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 07, 2000, 01:46am
Official Forum Member

Wink

quote:
Originally posted by GarthB:
You say that the home team had been "belly achin'" on and off the whole game and these series of incidents ocurred in the 9th.

Sounds like you missed your opportunity to manage this game by some time. By the ninth inning this should have been handled.

By waiting as long as you did and responding in the manner you did you very well might have given the impression that you were ready and looking for a fight.

Instead, had you handled the team the first couple of times they were "belly-achin'" it probably would not have grown into the free for all you ended up with.

I don't know your level of experience, or if you were having an off day, but umpires with that kind of a game at the "real" NCAA level don't last long around here.

Garth, I must agree. Last MSBL game I did, it was a single, no time limit 9 innings. We are on field at 10 till the start time. Visitors are ready, give me game balls. I walk to home team and tell em to hit the field, lets go!
Skipper looks at me and sez, we aint got no start time, it's a single, no time limit.
Whoa Nelly! I then said, "you got 3 minutes to put your team on the field, understand? Game balls please".
Add water and we have bad start, home gives up 7 runs and F4 is giving me shit on zone, "come on, we aint in the bigs!"
B1 and 1 out R1 and R2. BR takes 2 called strikes and looks at 3 in the dirt, then comes a nasty curve that froze his sorry butt, I ring and he pops off. Quickest trigger all year, he just got the "you are" outa his mouth when I dumped him, it was F4( i did not know till later), but we had NO probs after that.
My feeling is that at the level of this MSBL/MABL is that you will be tested sooner than later, the sooner ya fix it, the better....chris