Thread: Next gets stuck
View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 25, 2007, 02:50pm
Official Forum Member

This issue has been discussed in the past. Nobody, including myself was able to site a rule that stated that the game should be stopped or not to fix a hung net.

There were good arguments on both sides of the issue.

I just went to my local association meeting and posed the question to open discussion. (Apparently where you are, they have "school boards" as oppossed to local associations.)

Because there is no rule to specifically cover this situation, I think that you should do what your school board wants you do.

My local association seemed to think it is OK to fix the net. Although there was no real discussion about it. A few veterans said fix it, and nobody disagreed.

My personal belief is that you should have an awareness of the game and situation at hand.

If the inbounds team is attempting to run a fast break, it would be a disadvantage to them to stop the clock. The net can wait.

If the defense already has their press setup, stopping the clock to fix the net won't change anything.

If the defense has been pressing, but is not prepared to press at the moment, stopping the clock would allow them extra time. Leave the net alone, or just jump up there and fix it yourself.