Thread: Slow Pitch Umps
View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 24, 2007, 11:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpiano
It is rather presumptious and unprofessional for you to bash anyone,especially one you do not know.

The signal I desribed, the double fist for ball hitting the plate, violates no standard covered by ASA. I find it useful at several levels in making the game enjoyable and informational for the players.

I would never use it at an advanced level of play since it would be of no value.

I am glad you reached your goals, although I am sure one of them was not to be rude.
Presumtious of me to bash you???????????????
That could be but I doubt it.
I do bash umpires that make the real umpires look stupid by your omission of proper mechanics.
The signal you describe DOES INDEED violate standards covered by ASA for you to say otherwise is arrogant and stupid thus worthy of bashing.
One of my goals has been to use any means necessary to get sub-standard umpires to improve their game.
That has included being blunt, rude, beratting in fun and sometimes telling an umpire to go home.
It has also included having tons of fun, teaching, exhorting, etc.
It also has included the pleasure of seeing those who are teachable reach a deserved regional and national assignment.

Hey, if you are content to be a slug and stink up the field, so be it.
Just don't expect any kind words from real umpires, Ok?