View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 20, 2007, 02:38pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE=MJT]I hoped to talk to him about the "rim hanging" at PT conferences 2nt, but he is his wife didn't get to me before we ran out of time. I think they just missed it as you do not watch that, but the contact of the player with the ball. You would see that Peripherally, and they just missed it.

The continuation on that one is a judgement call, and that means yours, mine, and theirs can and will be different. All I know is he is working a NCAA tournament game, and socalreff is an official who is questioning the integrity of great D1 officials, while sitting in his chair at home sounding more like a fan instead of a fellow official. You should know it is ok to question judgement, but an official questioning the integrity of an official at that high of a level should not happen.

Apparently socalreff has a tendency of questioning integrity.

I wasn't questioning the integrity of anybody. If that's the way it came across, I sincerely apologize to everyone and esp. the crew. I don't believe anyone at that level goes into a game with any bias whatsoever. I do think , however, that whenever possible for perception sake, it's good not to officiate the same team twice in the tournament. Officiating a team back to back would give officials more of a comfort level with one team as the offense and defense they're running is fresh in their mind. Therefore, I would surmise that the official would naturally be in better position on a higher percentage of plays when he knows what to expect. That's what I was trying to say.

Last edited by socalreff; Tue Mar 20, 2007 at 06:11pm.