View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 19, 2007, 09:35am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Al
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbjones
ASA has same thing...maybe even a better one now than the NFHS (haven't seen the NFHS, but the new ASA is very good).
My thanks to both of you,

I am a little behind the curve when it comes to computer knowledge. Do the computer programs come in disk form? I was looking on the www but couldn't find any software to download or computer pragrams via Cd's for sale. What you're both telling me about is just the thing I'm looking for. If possible could someone provide me with a link where I could order one of the programs? I searched "Computer program machanics for fast pitch softball umpires" and similar searches where I found some good stuff... but not the programs spoken of. If a program like this spares me, or my partner, just one time from having the wrong angle, etc. and blowing a call it would be well worth the price. I know it will go beyond one blown call since I have so much to learn. This is my only my 3rd year, (mostly coach-pitch, tee-ball) but just as last year I am going to have a partner or two that have even less experence than I do so I will have to give some basic training. Man, I wish I could be learning on and off the field with good umpires like on this board. What I see here (not with the baseball umpires, but with softball) is no communication, no hussle, no disire for improvement. It's not fair to the kids, parents, coaches, or the fans. The last thing I want to be is the blind leading the blind. Nothin' like fun at the ole' ball park. ...Al