View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 14, 2007, 03:07pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
1) Great. Now explain to us exactly what the "habitual motion" rule says and means. Then...cite it from the NFHS rule book verbatim. That means word-for-word. You'll find it on p.39. What does case book play 6.7COMMENT say about it? That's on p.50 of the case book. Please cite that word-for-word also. If you don't cite both......GOTCHA!!!!
Now why would I even attempt to explain anything to you. You already know it all, and I also know that you don't like it when I use your own tactics on you. Bully's don't like to be bully back. Here's the deal, I know what it means and I'm not trying to prove anything to anybody. I just state my opinion and my position and that's that. It's not changing JR. Now if you want to come behind that with your throw the ref under the bus tactic's, that's all on you.

Now, one thing I noticed that has not been bought up yet. It is my opinion that only an official would recognize this. And since JR is questioning my ability as an official. I think I will bring it up now. The red team got screwed. If you're going to call an offensive foul for the play of the game, then you have to call an offensive foul on the 2nd video in OT. That's called being consistent, and in fact it was the same referee. If you observe the video, the red defensive player obtained LGP perfectly, the white team player ran right thru him. If that's a PC under the basket, then this is a PC at the top because the offensive player did not try to go around him. Consistently is the key here people. Refereeing is about being consistent and if I'm going to call one an offensive foul then I got to call the second one an offensive foul too, because looking at the defense he had established LGP and it is okay to turn or duck to avoid contact. The guy ducked back to prevent the contact under the rim.