View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 26, 2002, 03:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RecRef

Just last night I made 2 charge calls that you would have let go if you stick to the no call on a shoulder hit. In game one B was in a 2-3 zone with B1 and B2 guarding with less than “2” feet between them, not to say anything about 3 feet. A1 tried to split them and hit both on the shoulders.

In the second game A1 is driving the baseline with B2 set and blocking A1’s way on the baseline. (B1 was already beat and was following the play.) At the last possible moment B2 cowers and taking a side step moves away from the baseline but still within 3 feet of it. A1 hits him on the shoulder and both go down. Charge on A1.

[/B]
I would have to see this play. If dribbler bulls his way through and knocks down the opponent then i might have PC. when going between two players the dribble, (for lack of better words)can't bounce off the defender and the defender takes a hard shoulder foul.

Again, i would have to see the play. I most cases of shoulder contact the def. going down is flopping. Shoulder contact doesn't knock down opponent. And in this example, with the def. moving away to give room, I would be even less likely to believe the contact made him go down. I might even have block for flopping.