View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 11, 2007, 02:59am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbofficial
I don't know what Rich Falk tells his officials, but BT games are the most poorly called games in the country.

Today - all 3 refs missed an OBVIOUS goaltend. An Illinois player shot a jumper that hit off the backboard AND was on the way down and a Wisonsin player swatted it away and none of the refs called anything.

Just absurd. This type of thing isn't an isolated incident either.
What is absurd is you actually think all 3 officials watch for this. Secondly I was in the United Center and that was a very tough call. It was hard to tell in real time whether that was actually the right or wrong call. Now maybe you were sitting in the luxury of your living room, but try to get that call when players can jump out of the gym and are some of the best athletes all of college basketball. Not only did they have one tough call, they had about 3 GT calls that were tough.

Also for the record, the officials that worked in the Big Ten are not just Big Ten officials. They work in multiple conferences and many of the officials worked semi-final and championship tournament games in other conferences earlier in the week. Also many have gone deep into the NCAA Tournament in the past. The problem is Big Ten fans are some of the dumbest by the things they complain about. I have been attending the Big Ten tournament for years and the things fans come up with are just hilarious. They want fouls for things that create no advantage or when players are just doing their jobs.

Peace