View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 10, 2007, 06:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbofficial
I don't know what Rich Falk tells his officials, but BT games are the most poorly called games in the country.

Today - all 3 refs missed an OBVIOUS goaltend. An Illinois player shot a jumper that hit off the backboard AND was on the way down and a Wisonsin player swatted it away and none of the refs called anything.

Just absurd. This type of thing isn't an isolated incident either.
Wow, refs making mistakes!

FYI, refs make mistakes in every game of every league in every country. I would be very cautious before judging officiating quality from a single missed call in a game.

Some years ago, the chief instructor here in Italy said that, when somebody was saying that officiating in a game had been bad, he asked them to mention three big mistakes. Usually they mentioned one or two, adding something like your "not an isolated incident either".

I was in the US two years ago, in full March madness, visiting a colleague and big Iowa fan. I could see five Iowa games with him and some others on TV at night. I couldn't notice poor officiating in Big Ten, compared to that of other conferences. What I saw were good officials, IMO.

When you criticize officiating, be precise and detailed. Or shut up.