View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 09, 2007, 05:16pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by btaylor64
I totally disagree. I was just waiting for, I believe it was Bert Smith, to come out of there with a block and bang home the "And 1", and was totally puzzled when he did not. I thought the defender at the last second tried to whip his body into position as the offensive player was gathering the ball. I also disagree with him being in a "perfect" position. From his angle he could not really tell whether the player lowered the shoulder, which I also believe the offensive player did no such thing, but that is just my opinion.
This is my opinion as well. I don't believe it was the worst call ever but.....damn did he sell that call! I disagree that it was an offensive foul because the defender was moving with the play. He was not stationary. Usually, when the player has an angle to the bucket, and the defender is moving, and it's a very close game. YOU LET EM PLAY! How do you penalize one over the over when they both are moving, there's contact both ways, and I didn't see anybody do anything cheap.

Now here's the gotcha. Did you see the coaches reaction afterwards? With all the antics he did over that call, why didn't he get a technical? I can only imagine what he was saying, and you can bet it was 50x's worse than, you got something against my player!

Last edited by Old School; Fri Mar 09, 2007 at 05:25pm.