View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 09, 2007, 04:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave30
ESPN showed the offensive foul against LSU late in the game where the player and the defender were running on the right side of the court. ESPN replayed it and called it "the worst call of the day". The referee had an angle with the players coming directly at him. Wouldn't you think ESPN could realize that they are looking at it from the TV angle where you cannot tell if the player lowered his shoulder into the defense or not? The official was very confident with his call so I'm inclined to believe the offensive player leaned in and forced the contact and the defense had legal guarding position.
I totally disagree. I was just waiting for, I believe it was Bert Smith, to come out of there with a block and bang home the "And 1", and was totally puzzled when he did not. I thought the defender at the last second tried to whip his body into position as the offensive player was gathering the ball. I also disagree with him being in a "perfect" position. From his angle he could not really tell whether the player lowered the shoulder, which I also believe the offensive player did no such thing, but that is just my opinion.