View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 05, 2007, 01:21pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBark
good question...what about breaking the throw in plane? and if that not correct, why didn't the official charge the BU player with a throw in violation for stepping inbounds prior to releasing the ball on the throw in?

i just think that since the official blew his whistle, that something other than a "do over" should have happened. and i'm not sure what, but i'm trying to figure this out for learning purposes. if no delay of game, then certainly we have a throw in violation on the BU player. had the BU player, not ended up on the floor and "inbounds" but had stayed OOB, then I think you have a no call and no whistle. but, the official blow his whistle for something. why did he blow the whistle, what's the call???? "DO OVER"???!!!! what the heck it that...
I think this was the only common sense thing to do. The shooter is now out of bounds because he lost his balance and fell. He got up in a frenzy and ran back onto the floor, which he is allowed to do. I do not feel he did anything wrong according to the rule, he just ran into the thrower and the thrower ran into him. All he could really call is an intentional foul if you want to be very technical about the rule. But the player was not defending the thrower he was just running to a spot. If he attempted to block the pass I might think something should be called. That apparently did not happen, so I agree with the officials. Now the reason I think some of us say this is because this is not a common occurrence and there is nothing in the rules that supports your opinion directly. So the officials have leeway to decide what is fair and what is best.

Peace